Thursday, July 15, 2010

Sad Endings

There has been A sad ending today to the recent Silver Alert for Mrs. Georgia Lehar(84) of Oklahoma City. Today, a road crew discovered Mrs. Lehar deceased inside her car, alongside a local road.

Mrs. Lehar was last seen on Friday evening, July 2nd. The Silver Alert was issued on Sunday, July 4th. She was reported to have a history of high blood pressure and thyroid problems, both which required medicine. Like the others, Georgia also had a history of getting lost and becoming disoriented and was suffering from signs of dimentia.

I can't help but wonder what happened in her life these (almost) two weeks. Where has she been and why has she not been spotted before this? She had to be somewhere! I worry that she was alone and scared; but I know that when Susan wanders off confused, she doesn't feel scared- she feels determined and aggressive. But Susan has never been wandering more then three hours; even then, I was close by.

My prayers go out for the Lehar family tonight. I pray not just for them, but for the next person who becomes confused and cannot find their way home. I pray for myself, that I will always be close on Susan's heels to protect her from her own confusion. I pray tonight for all of us who care for all of them.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is soo sad! I'm so glad Grandma has You and everyone else to help keep her safe!!