Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Mama's and The Papa's


We came home to find everyone still alive and getting along rather nicely in our absence. Katrina’s loving care for her Grandmother certainly exceeding my own care for her. In fact, I think Susan enjoyed the change as much as I did! Katrina made delicious meals, bathed Susan, took her on outings and even invited guests into our home.

Of course, Susan did have her moments on the edge, but overall things went splendidly. What would I have done if Katrina could not have come? I really don’t know. I am sure that not having a getaway plan causes burnout to caregivers more then anything else. There needs to be a plan for time out in any job with a high burnout rate. A time of refreshing and renewing of mind, spirit and body. Any caregiver needs to take this seriously and so do those who love them or support them. Thanks Katrina and Kyle for supporting Jeff and me.

True to form, Susan’s antic’s kept humor in the home while we were away. One night in particular, Katrina had dinner guests, including Kyle’s grandparents. Susan enjoyed having visitors and apparently wore her ‘Susie-Q’ face; the pleasant one that brings out her charm and makes her smile a lot at others. She loves nicknames; I think having one for people (or they for her) makes her feel closer to them, like they are close enough to have nicknames.

So on this particular night, when meeting the Grandparents, who are obviously younger then Susan (at least it is obvious to everyone else), she asked them if it would be okay if she called them Mama and Papa!!! I hear that the gracious visitors obliged Susan by telling her that, “yes” she could call them Mama and Papa. The funnies part is that Susan thinks she is much younger then she is, so to her this seemed perfectly appropriate. Besides, Mama and Papa didn’t seem to mind.

(This picture of Susan tells it all, doesn't it?!)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I had much fun with Grandma! It was a'lot easier with Kyle there, because He is so good with Her! I was so happy to see everyone and get some quality time with Grandma before She get's any worse!

Rustique Gal said...

How wonderful of Katrina to step in-and to have a good time too. So valuable for her, like she says, before Susan gets any worse.
Sherry

Debbie Wallace said...

As a sign of gratitude for how my son was saved from autism, I decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.My son suffered autism in 2017 and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because he was my all and the symptoms were terrible, he always had difficulty with communication, and he always complained of poor eye contact. We tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure him. I searched for a cure and I saw a testimony by someone who was cured and so many others with similar body problems, and he left the contact of the doctor who had the cure to autism. I never imagined autism has a natural cure not until I contacted him, and he assured me my son will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my son used it and in one month time he was fully okay even up till this moment he is so full of life. Autism has a cure and it is a herbal Mix medicine from Dr. James   contact the doctor for more info on other diseases like  ALZHEIMER'S DISEASES,  DIABETES, BIPOLAR DISORDER, CANCER, HIV/AIDS, HERPES Hepatitis A, B, C. FEVER, EPILEPSY, MENINGITIS, DENGUE SCHIZOPHRENIA, PROSTATE, THYROID, BACTERIA, MALARIA, DICK AND BREAST ENLARGEMENT, MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS, TUBERCULOSIS, DIARRHEA, POLIO, ASTHMA, LUPUS, RABBIS, JOINT PAIN, STOMACH PAIN, HEART DISEASE, CHRONIC DISEASE, EPILEPSY, LUPUS, STROKE, SPINAL CORD INJURY, ECZEMA, KIDNEY DISEASE, ACME, BACK PAIN   On how to get his medications contact him on his Email address at ....Drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com